Roast Beet, Pumpkin and Zucchini Salad
This is intriguing salad is a demonstration of how to balance sweet, nutty, peppery and sharp flavours. Beetroot is low in fat, full of vitamins and minerals. It is packed with powerful antioxidants - a health-food titan.
- Beetroots - Quartered - 2 Cups
- Pumpkin - Butternut - Chopped - 2 Cups
- Zucchini - 3 - Quartered
- Maple syrup - 100 ml
- Sherry vinegar - 4 tablespoons
- Avocado Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- Quinoa - Cooked - 1 Cup
- Parsley - 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Goats Cheese - 1/2 Cup
- Pine Nuts - 2 tablespoons
- Walnuts - Chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Wash and peel the beetroot. Cut into quarters, coat in hazelnut oil and roast for 60 minutes or until cooked.
- In a separate roasting tray, roast the butternut pumpkin and zucchini - you may also opt to grill the pumpkin & zucchini.
- Prepare the dressing while the veggies roast / grill. In a bowl whisk the avocado oil, sherry vinegar, crushed garlic and maple syrup - set aside.
- Toast pine nuts and walnuts in a shallow pan on the stove top.
- Once the veggies are cooled, mix with quinoa, pumpkin, zucchini and parsley, combined with the dressing.
- Prior to serving top with toasted nuts and goats cheese.