Chicken and Broad Bean Soup
1 teaspoon of onion salt
2 dried bay leaves
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Whole Organic Chicken - 1
- Broad Beans - 300 grams frozen / fresh
- Carrots - 2 Diced
- Chicken Peas - 300 Dried and Soaked Overnight
- Onion - 1 Diced
- Tomatoes - 5 Medium - Quatered
- Celery - 3 Stalks
- Onion Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger Powdered - 1 teaspoon
- Tumeric - 2 teaspoons
- Bay Leaves - Dried - 2
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Start by soaking the chickpeas over night, thoroughly wash and drain.
- Place the whole chook in a large pot and cover with water. Boil until the chicken meat begins to fall off the chook, allow to cool.
- Once cooled strain off the stock and pick away the meat from the bones and skin of the chook.
- Set the chicken meat aside, and discard the carcass and fatty skin of the chicken.
- Return the stock to the large pot, be sure to have skimmed off any fat.
- Add back the chicken meat, and add in the carrots, onion, tomatoes and diced celery.
- Add the spices and vinegar, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil and allow too reduce in volume. Boil for approximately 20 – 30 minutes this allows the flavours to reduce down and saturate in flavour.
- Add the chick peas.
- In a separate bowl place the broad beans, add 500 mls of boiled water soak for 5 minutes and then drain away the water. Simple pop the broad beans from there shells. Add to the chicken soup just prior to serving to give the vivid bright colour of the dish.