Apple Slaw with Tahini Dressing & Orange
It is important that those diagnosed with endometriosis include sufficient fibre and B group vitamins in their diet to help the body deal with the constant breakdown of circulating oestrogens. Fibre and vitamin B can easily be sourced from cruciferous vegetables such as: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, and bok choy. These vegetables contain a compound called indole-3-carbinol that aids detoxification and improves oestrogen metabolism, by eliminating excess oestrogen from the liver more effectively.
- Green cabbage - 1/4 quarter - very thinly sliced – use a mandolin
- Red cabbage - 1/4 quarter - very thinly sliced – use a mandolin
- Radishes - 3 - very thinly sliced – use a mandolin
- 1 Apple - cored and julienned
- Mint - Fresh - 1/2 Cup Chopped
- Walnuts - lightly toasted - 1/2 cup
- 1 orange – peeled and segmented and halved
- Cold press olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Orange juice - 3 Tablespoons
- Maple syrup - 2 tablespoon
- Tahini Paste - 1/3 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- zest - organic orange (optional) - 1
Whisk dressing ingredients together and set side
Place salad ingredients in a bowl, add the dressing and toss to coat.
Allow the salad to sit for several hours to allow the dressing to marry with the cabbage and pickle the cabbage some what.