- Prep Time: 60 minutes
Homemade Almond Milk
- Almonds - 1 Cup
- Sea salt - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Water - Filtered - 1 Litre + additional for soaking
- Cinnamon - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Date - Medjool - 2- 4 (pitted)
- Whole vanilla bean - 1
- Place almonds and salt in a ceramic bowl and cover with filtered water, soak overnight.
- Rinse and drain the almonds at this stage you may wish to remove the skin from the almonds, after soaking over night the skins should simply slide off
- Place into a blender along with filtered water, pitted dates, and chopped vanilla bean.
- Blend on highest speed for 1 minute or so.
- Place a nut milk bag over a large bowl / you could use a muslin cloth but the nut bag will yield the best results. Slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
- Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon blend on low to combine.
- Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.
Notes: You can use alternative sweeteners like maple syrup, or vanilla extract for a more subtle vanilla flavour.