Flourless Banana Cake
This is a wonderful dense banana cake, its moisture means you can keep the cake for a good few days if it’s properly stored.
You can help your body eliminate excess and unwanted estrogen by increasing the fibre in your diet. A great way to increase fibre is include fruit like bananas.
- Almond meal - 3 cups
- Flax meal - 4 tablespoons
- Water - 9 tablespoons
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Almond Butter - 3 tablespoons
- Chia seeds - 2 tablespoons
- Ripe banana - Mashed
- Coconut shaved - 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 1 cup
- Coconut oil - 5 tablespoons - melted
- Coconut oil – spray for preparation
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356 F and spray a 20 cm round cake tin with coconut oil, line with baking paper.
- Mix flax meal and water together set aside – for 10 minutes to set.
- In a large bowl add the remaining ingredients, mix.
- Add the flax meal and mix well. Because the flax meal will have set it will be difficult to in corporate thoroughly, be sure you do as this replaces the eggs that are traditionally used in cake recipes.
- Place mixture in the prepared cake tin, bake for 40 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out relatively clean.
- Note this is a very dense and wet cake.