- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
This is a great super food salad, packed with grains and seeds, this is one for the work lunch box. Yogurt (cows, goats, sheeps or soya) contain beneficial bacterial mainly lactobacillus acidophilus, which reduces the production of a substance called beta-glucuronidase. This is the enzyme that remakes oestrogen in the gut, from hormone debris and encourages it to be reabsorbed into the bloodstream. Use plain organic yogurt with live bacteria or dairy-free if you can and avoid those heavily ladened with sugars and flavorings.
- Corriander Leaves - Fresh- Chopped - Bunch
- Mint Leaves - Fresh - Chopped - Bunch
- Red Onion FInely Chopped - 1/2
- Parsley - Fresh - Chopped - Bunch
- Freekah (or cracked wheat or quinoa) - 1 Cup
- Puy lentils - 1 Cup
- Pumpkin seeds - Toasted - 2tbsp
- Slivered almonds (Toasted) - 2tbsp
- Pine nuts (Toasted) - 2tbsp
- Capers - 2tbsp
- Extra virgin olive - 3tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 Lemon
- Honey - 1tbsp
- Yoghurt- Sheep / Cow / Goats - 1 Cup
- Cumin seeds, toasted and ground - 1 Tsp
- Blanch the freekah and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin and honey until combined.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, freekah, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
- Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt